Monday, September 16, 2013

Asian Drinks: Bubble Tea (Taiwan)



It's amazing how fast society catches up with underground trends making them become popular trends. I say this because bubble tea first came to my attention back in the mid early 2000s. During those times I was in middle school addicted to anime, and Gaia online. Every now and then I would post in the Food & Drink section of Gaia, which is how I found out about bubble tea. My friends didn't know anything about bubble tea once when I had asked them. Now, they do. It wasn't easy finding restaurants or stores that sold bubble tea because it was not popularly known at that time. My first time trying it was in high school. Now, you can basically find bubble tea anywhere in the West.

What is Bubble Tea? Bubble tea is a Taiwanese drink made out of a black tea, milk, fruit, and tapioca balls. One day, I'll will learn how to make bubble tea on my own.

Other names: Pearl Milk Tea, Boba Tea, or Milk Tea

   

No comments:

Post a Comment